Prof. Marcus Saemann 16 minutes
I have 15 years of experience in nephrology and internal medicine. I am a professor at the Medical University of Vienna, on the board of the Nephrology and Dialysis at the Wilhelminenspital of the City of Vienna, and the deputy chief of the Nephrology Ward at the General Hospital of Vienna. Since 2010, I have been a board member of the Austrian Society of Nephrology and served as its congress president in 2014.
I am an active researcher with well over 100 medical articles published, reviewer or editorial board member for a number of medical journals, PhD supervisor, and recipient of multiple awards.
I focus on kidney diseases, kidney transplantation, diabetes, dialysis, hypertension. I have treated over 4,000 patients.
My research interests:
– Diabetic Kidney Disease
– HDL in Chronic Kidney Disease
– Post-Transplant Diabetes mellitus (PTDM)
– Biomarkers in Chronic Kidney Disease
– Renin-Angiotensin System: Novel therapeutics
– Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction in Chronic Kidney Disease
– Gender and Chronic Kidney Disease
– Combined Pancreas-Kidney Transplantation
– Tuberous Sclerosis
– Hereditary Amyloidosis
– Immunosuppression after Organ Transplantation
– Transplant Immunosuppression
– Transplant-associated Microangiopathy
– Transplant Infection