The Keto Kickstarter Basic is a 2 week set of starter-menus based around 30g of carbohydrates, ethically-sourced food, locally produced where possible. The menus are split into 2 separate weeks with a shopping list and menus for each week.
- Just Tell Me What To Eat!‘Doc, this low-carbohydrate theory is all very fascinating. But just tell me what to eat!’ I hear that often as I stray into the finer points of insulin and metabolism. Okay. I get it. So, here’s a weekly shopping list. It is a realistic and practical list and driven to a price. Twenty-five items, 30 grams of carbs per day, 2000 calories daily, and 97grams of protein daily.… Read More »Just Tell Me What To Eat!
- Keto Kickstarter FortnightA shopping list and menu ideas to get you underway with a keto lifestyle This series of blogs is not a recommendation. It is a personal blog to provide information about a ketogenic diet. Everyone has unique dietary requirements, and this information cannot address every individual’s needs. The blog aims to show primarily that a… Read More »Keto Kickstarter Fortnight
- Week One: Shopping ListShopping List for Week 1 of Keto Kickstarter Lemon or lime for water flavour x1 Strawberries or other seasonal fresh fruit. Or one or two types. 400g approx. Cauliflower x1 large Courgette x1 Mushrooms 250g roughly Broccoli x1 large Cucumber x1 Onion x1 Bell pepper (organic ) x2 Courgette x1 Double cream 300ml Chicken 1.5 kg approx. Or other fatty cuts of meat… Read More »Week One: Shopping List
- Week One: Menus and RecipesMenus and Recipes for Week 1 of Keto Kickstarter The recipe list was compiled from the freshest ingredients available each day. Water and black coffee were consumed every day. Coffee is only on this list if it is part of the menu for the meal. Snacks were available throughout the week if needed but are… Read More »Week One: Menus and Recipes
- Week One: Nutrition InformationA spreadsheet breaking down the amount of carbohydrates, calories and protein contained within the quantities of food for Week 1 of Keto Kickstarter.
- Week Two: Shopping ListShopping List for Week 2 of Keto Kickstarter Pork Loin 1.5kg Cucumber Beansprouts 400g Bell Peppers x2 Cauliflower Lime (Sainsbury’s) Courgettes pack of 3 Onions pack of 2 Mushrooms 250g One fresh coconut Punnet of strawberries 400g Sweetheart Cabbage 500g Full fat Greek Yogurt 12x free Range Eggs 300ml single cream Aldi Italian Coffee Mixed… Read More »Week Two: Shopping List
- Week Two: Menus and RecipesMenus and Recipes for Week 2 of Keto Kickstarter Day One Diced Cucumber, Cheese, and Walnuts with Olive Oil and Black Pepper. It seems light, but the nuts, cheese, and olive oil provide the energy for this one. Very-low carb recipes might seem a meager portion size. But this way of eating uses real, nutrient-dense… Read More »Week Two: Menus and Recipes
- Reviewing Diabetes Control On A Keto DietHere is the CGM trace of the two-week project. This is a true real-world trace. The project was not done in the ‘perfect’ environment. For various reasons, there was scope to screw-up these weeks. An increase in sedentary behaviour and a couple of stress days with grazing. And poor sleep. You can see the effect by… Read More »Reviewing Diabetes Control On A Keto Diet
- Week Two: Nutrition InformationA spreadsheet breaking down the amount of carbohydrates, calories and protein contained within the quantities of food for Week 2 of Keto Kickstarter.