Managing Type 1 Diabetes with a Ketogenic Diet. Theory and Practice
In this section, you’ll find articles about using a ketogenic, low carb lifestyle to manage Type 1 Diabetes. They provide detailed information on how to approach carbohydrate lowering and contain core information for anyone considering the transition to a keto lifestyle.
A lot of the information is a good refresher for diabetes management in general. It is recommended that you read all of these modules then consult your clinician before changing the way you manage your diabetes. The information will also be useful as preparation for your annual review or when meeting with your healthcare professional.
- Why did I get Type 1 Diabetes?These articles are about some of the factors which are associated with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Getting Started with a Ketogenic LifestyleThe diet of the ketogenic lifestyle is not difficult to get your head around. It is not difficult to prepare meals. It… Read More »Getting Started with a Ketogenic Lifestyle
- How long does it take to go Keto?How long does it take to go keto? It depends entirely upon your confidence and what you want to do.… Read More »How long does it take to go Keto?
- TerminologyWhy very low carb or keto? Why not low carb? Unpicking the terminology. It is entirely up to you, the… Read More »Terminology
- ProteinProtein is a relatively ignored nutrient in Type 1. Most people with Type 1 diabetes are advised to consume protein… Read More »Protein
- Ketosis and KetoacidosisThe Difference between Ketosis and Ketoacidosis We are going to be taking a look at Nutritional Ketosis and Diabetic Ketoacidosis(… Read More »Ketosis and Ketoacidosis
- No such thing as a healthy carbThere is no such thing as a healthy carb in a keto lifestyle. There’s Little Room for even ‘Healthy Whole… Read More »No such thing as a healthy carb
- NutritionWhat we eat and when we eat, it is vital for health. The principle that we should eat real food… Read More »Nutrition
- Top TenTop ten lists essential to a keto lifestyle
- Keto KickstarterThe Keto Kickstarter Basic is a 2 week set of starter-menus based around 30g of carbohydrates, ethically-sourced food, locally produced… Read More »Keto Kickstarter