Here, you’ll find articles about using a ketogenic, low-carb lifestyle to manage Type 1 diabetes. They provide detailed information on how to approach carbohydrate lowering and contain core information for anyone considering the transition to a keto lifestyle.
A lot of the information is a good refresher for diabetes management in general. It is recommended that you read all of these modules and then consult your clinician before changing the way you manage your diabetes. The information will also be useful as preparation for your annual review or when meeting with your healthcare professional.
- Navigating an Annual ReviewThis is information for primarily people with type 1 diabetes. It has been written to address the common areas of… Read More »Navigating an Annual Review
- 10 health claims on packaged food that people need to understand.Sorry, but you do not have permission to view this content.
- No such thing as a healthy carbThere is no such thing as a healthy carb in a keto lifestyle. There’s little room for even ‘Healthy Whole… Read More »No such thing as a healthy carb
- Ketosis and KetoacidosisThe Difference between Ketosis and Ketoacidosis We are going to be taking a look at Nutritional Ketosis and Diabetic Ketoacidosis(… Read More »Ketosis and Ketoacidosis
- TerminologyWhy very low carb or keto? Why not low carb? Unpicking the terminology. It is entirely up to you, the… Read More »Terminology
- How long does it take to go Keto?How long does it take to go keto? It depends entirely upon your situation, your confidence, and what you want… Read More »How long does it take to go Keto?
- Getting Started with a Ketogenic LifestyleThe diet of the ketogenic lifestyle is not difficult to get your head around. It is not difficult to prepare meals. It… Read More »Getting Started with a Ketogenic Lifestyle
- Why did I get Type 1 Diabetes?These articles are about some of the factors which are associated with Type 1 Diabetes.